National Guard shooting suspect to be charged with murder

NBC NewsFriday, November 28, 2025 at 4:05:05 PM
NegativeU.S News
National Guard shooting suspect to be charged with murder
  • The suspect in the shooting of two members of the West Virginia National Guard near the White House on November 26, 2025, is set to be charged with first-degree murder. The attack, which occurred close to the Farragut West metro station, resulted in one Guardsman dead and another critically injured, prompting a swift response from law enforcement.
  • This development is significant as it highlights the serious implications of violence against military personnel, particularly in urban settings. The charges against the suspect, Rahmanullah Lakanwal, underscore the legal consequences of such violent acts and the ongoing concerns regarding the safety of service members.
  • The incident reflects broader issues surrounding security in Washington, D.C., and raises questions about the motivations behind targeted attacks on military personnel. It also intersects with ongoing discussions about immigration and the treatment of individuals who have worked with U.S. forces abroad, as Lakanwal previously collaborated with U.S. military and intelligence agencies in Afghanistan.
— via World Pulse Now AI Editorial System

Was this article worth reading? Share it

Recommended apps based on your readingExplore all apps
Continue Readings
Who is Rahmanullah Lakanwal? The alleged Afghan terrorist who shot 2 National Guard members in DC
NegativeU.S News
On November 26, 2025, Rahmanullah Lakanwal, a 29-year-old Afghan national, allegedly conducted a targeted shooting near the White House in Washington, D.C., resulting in the critical injury of two members of the West Virginia National Guard, Sarah Beckstrom and Andrew Wolfe. This incident has raised significant concerns regarding security in the nation's capital, especially given its proximity to the White House.
Trump says he will cancel all Biden executive orders signed by autopen – live
NegativeU.S News
Former President Donald Trump announced plans to cancel all executive orders signed by President Biden, claiming they were not personally signed by Biden, which escalates his ongoing criticism of his predecessor. This announcement comes amid heightened tensions following a recent shooting incident involving members of the West Virginia National Guard in Washington, D.C.
Rep Wasserman Schultz says Trump should blame self for putting National Guard in harm’s way with DC crackdown
NegativeU.S News
On November 26, 2025, a targeted shooting incident near the White House in Washington, D.C., resulted in the death of Sarah Beckstrom, a member of the West Virginia National Guard. Representative Debbie Wasserman Schultz attributed the attack to President Donald Trump's actions, stating he should take responsibility for putting the National Guard in harm's way during a crackdown in the capital.
Trump to Pardon Former Honduran President Serving 45-Year Drug Trafficking Sentence
NegativeU.S News
Donald Trump has announced plans to pardon Juan Orlando Hernández, the former president of Honduras, who is currently serving a 45-year sentence in the U.S. for drug trafficking. This decision comes ahead of the presidential election and raises questions about the implications of such a pardon on U.S.-Honduras relations.
D.C. Shooting Suspect to Be Charged With First-Degree Murder
NegativeU.S News
On November 26, 2025, a shooting incident near the White House in Washington, D.C., resulted in the death of Sarah Beckstrom, a 20-year-old member of the West Virginia National Guard, and left fellow Guardsman Andrew Wolfe in critical condition. The attack was allegedly carried out by Rahmanullah Lakanwal, an Afghan national, during an ambush targeting the two Guardsmen.
DC MPD working in 'close coordination' with National Guard to ensure safety
NeutralU.S News
Two members of the West Virginia National Guard were critically injured in a targeted shooting incident near the White House in Washington, D.C., prompting the Metropolitan Police Department to work in close coordination with the National Guard to enhance safety measures in the area.
Where the Trump admin's court fight over National Guard in DC stands in wake of shooting
NegativeU.S News
Two members of the West Virginia National Guard were critically injured in a targeted shooting incident near the White House in Washington, D.C. This attack prompted President Donald Trump to order the deployment of an additional 500 National Guard troops to the area to bolster security.
Trump administration zeroes in on immigration as shooting investigation continues
NegativeU.S News
The Trump administration is intensifying its focus on immigration issues following a shooting incident in Washington, D.C., that critically injured two members of the National Guard. The suspected shooter, identified as Rahmanullah Lakanwal, an Afghan national, has prompted the administration to halt immigration from Afghanistan indefinitely and to review Afghan nationals who entered the U.S. during the Biden administration.